The default port 22 is used to connect to Linux SSH Server, so more people will take advantage of this to find a way to attack the root of the VPS account.
To increase the security of a VPS, you should change SSH login port on the VPS instead of using the default port 22.
The step change SSH login port
– Login as root user on VPS
– Edit the sshd_config file
nano / etc / ssh / sshd_config
– Search #Port line 22, remove the # at the beginning and replaced by the port you want to use, for example 2222 (this port is used on Windows rather than Linux)
Note that the port should be free and not have to use the service to avoid conflict. See also TCP and UDP port list.
– Save the file and restart sshd
– If you use a firewall, you remember to enable this port to connect to logout okay before.
That’s it right there, please login using SSH port to the new see.